PDF mechanics company Foxit Corporation has released Foxit PDF Rasterizer for .NET SDK. This new software is designed to allow .NET developers to convert PDF documents to images from within any .NET application. This is hoped to "significantly reduce" the overall size of the document and allows programmers to use the output image for purposes where PDF documents may not be ideal.
- Overview: Cloud Operations Platfom for AWS
- Book Expert: Advanced Analytics with Spark: Patterns for Learning Data at Scale
- Cloud Collaboration Tools: Big Hopes, Big Needs
- SaaS 2011: Adoption Soars, Yet Deployment Concerns Linger
- Architecting Private and Hybrid Cloud Solutions: Best Practices Revealed
- Big Data and Customer Interaction Analytics: How To Create An Innovative Customer Experience
NOTE: Rasterization (conversion from PDF to image format) prepares a page for display or printing — typically text and graphics are rasterized into a bitmap to display or to send to a printer.
Foxit PDF Rasterizer for .NET SDK is built with an API to automate PDF rasterization from within any .NET web or server-based application. The product supports popular image formats (JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, and BMP) and allows output to the
There is also support for annotation and form field rasterization and the product supports RGB, RGBA, Monochrome, Grayscale, and Indexed color-formats. It also allows color quantization and custom palette for all Indexed formats.
Foxit PDF Rasterizer for .NET SDK is available in two licensing models. The Server License is for developers who wish to install the software on their server or web server and is licensed per production server. Alternatively, the Developer License is for developers who wish to install the software on desktop systems.