Adobe and Salesforce.com have teamed up to develop Adobe Flash Builder for Force.com, an IDE that gives developers a single tool for building cloud-based rich Internet applications (RIAs), which can easily be deployed to end users through the browser via the Adobe Flash Player, or directly to the desktop using the Adobe AIRruntime. These applications run seamlessly online or offline while taking full advantage of the security, scalability, and reliability of Force.com.
Force.com enables developers to create and deliver applications entirely in the cloud and without software. Developers can use Adobe Flash Builder for Force.com to extend or enhance existing Salesforce.com implementations or build entirely new applications to provide customized user experiences for any business need.
The release is a freely downloadable preview lets developers get early hands-on experience building RIAs that integrate with their Force.com and Salesforce CRM applications and data in the cloud.
Key features of Adobe Flash Builder for Force.com include:
- Eclipse-based IDE, unifying Adobe Flash Builder and the Force.com IDE into a highly productive environment for building any kind of Force.com app
- Online and offline data synchronization and management powered by Adobe LiveCycle Data Services
- A conflict resolution service
- A local data store for off line support
- Data visualizations including built-in interactive charting and animation components capable of processing large data sets
- User interface capabilities with more than 100 customized, reusable components, including access to motion graphics, drag-and-drop capabilities and more
- Ability to develop once and deploy in/out of the browser