Sybase iAnywhere has announced a new version of its Sybase iAnywhere Blue SDK with support for the Bluetooth Core Specification version 3.0+ High Speed (HS), code named "Seattle," that lets developers maximize Bluetooth performance on a range of mobile and embedded devices.
Sybase iAnywhere Blue SDK 4.0 enables dual mode Bluetooth and 802.11 wireless connectivity with faster and reliable data transfer for various applications, such as playing MP3 files, photo downloads, and streaming video transmissions. Sybase iAnywhere Blue SDK v4.0 uses existing Bluetooth technology to determine if a remote device supports an 802.11 AMP and then uses this higher speed connection to stream video or transfer large files efficiently. This combines Bluetooth discovery, security, and connectivity along with the speed of 802.11 -- all controllable through using the Sybase iAnywhere Bluetooth stack.
Among the features that this version of Sybase's commercial Bluetooth stack brings to developers are:
- Designed for use with Bluetooth v3.0+HS compliant dual mode transceiver, offering both Bluetooth and any alternate MAC / PHY (AMP) connectivity
- Numerous Bluetooth profiles also available to speed up time to market and improve reliability of the Bluetooth offering
- Increased data rates of up to 20 times that of conventional Bluetooth protocols for fast file transfer of MP3 playlists plus audio and video streaming when using an 802.11 AMP.
- Fast and easy porting to any real-time operating system.
- Qualified Bluetooth compliant v3.0 + HS stack.
Sybase iAnywhere Blue SDK 4.0 is now available. For more information http://www.sybase.com/BlueSDKseattle.