Alpha Software has announced Alpha Anywhere, its standards-based environment for rapid application development and deployment.
- Top 5 Ways Process and Content Management Helps Insurers Increase Profitability
- CIOs strive to harness Big Data while keeping an eye on the bottom line
- SaaS and E-Discovery: Navigating Complex Waters
- SaaS 2011: Adoption Soars, Yet Deployment Concerns Linger
- Transforming Operations - Part 1: Managing Outsourced Development in Telecommunications
- How to Protect Your Content and Improve Security with Cloud Client Computing and Thin/Zero Clients
Alpha Anywhere claims to be a fast way to gain proficiency and become productive in mobile and touch computing. Developers who have used Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, PowerBuilder, FoxPro, Delphi, and similar environments will feel at home with Alpha Anywhere.
CEO of Alpha Software Richard Rabins says that mobile does not exist in a vacuum and that his firm's software can be used for creating business logic and database access that incorporate other functionalities into applications such as reporting, charting, mapping, video, images, sound, scheduling, geography and geospatial functionality, and security.
Touch-enabled functionality is supported for a variety of screen sizes. Cloud extensions for deployed apps can be hosted by developer, a third-party, or in the AlphaCloud.