Oracle has announced the Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) Mobile, an extension of the Oracle Application Development Framework.
- Driving Your Cloud Strategy with Private Network Solutions
- Market Overview: Vulnerability Management
- Research: Federal Government Cloud Computing Survey
- SaaS 2011: Adoption Soars, Yet Deployment Concerns Linger
- Architecting Private and Hybrid Cloud Solutions: Best Practices Revealed
- How to Transform Paper Insurance Documents into Digital Data
This new 1.1 release adds support for device-native push notification, new device integration infrastructure based on Apache Cordova, full file attachment viewing, and updated mobile operating system support.
Oracle ADF Mobile is a cross-platform mobile development framework based on Java and HTML5. Device-native push notification support enables critical events and updates from enterprise applications and middleware to be pushed instantly to Oracle ADF Mobile applications.
Support for new versions of mobile operating systems and Cordova is designed to support the latest versions of mobile operating systems, as well as migrating device integration infrastructure from PhoneGap to the latest version of Apache Cordova.
"Oracle ADF Mobile is the only cross-platform solution based on Java, the standard for enterprise software, that enables application development for both iOS and Android devices — offering Java developers an easy way to become mobile developers," said Chris Tonas, vice president Application Development Tools, Oracle. "With push notification and the new Cordova infrastructure, Oracle ADF Mobile 1.1 further enhances developer productivity and enables them to cost-effectively deliver mobile applications faster."