Oracle has announced the Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) Mobile, an extension of the Oracle Application Development Framework.
- Five New Laws of Anti-malware Protection: Keep Up with Evolving Threats
- The Seven Stages of Advance Threats
- Cloud Collaboration Tools: Big Hopes, Big Needs
- SaaS 2011: Adoption Soars, Yet Deployment Concerns Linger
- Step Up Your Game in Loan Operations in 2014
- IT and LOB Win When Your Business Adopts Flexible Social Cloud Collaboration Tools
This new 1.1 release adds support for device-native push notification, new device integration infrastructure based on Apache Cordova, full file attachment viewing, and updated mobile operating system support.
Oracle ADF Mobile is a cross-platform mobile development framework based on Java and HTML5. Device-native push notification support enables critical events and updates from enterprise applications and middleware to be pushed instantly to Oracle ADF Mobile applications.
Support for new versions of mobile operating systems and Cordova is designed to support the latest versions of mobile operating systems, as well as migrating device integration infrastructure from PhoneGap to the latest version of Apache Cordova.
"Oracle ADF Mobile is the only cross-platform solution based on Java, the standard for enterprise software, that enables application development for both iOS and Android devices — offering Java developers an easy way to become mobile developers," said Chris Tonas, vice president Application Development Tools, Oracle. "With push notification and the new Cordova infrastructure, Oracle ADF Mobile 1.1 further enhances developer productivity and enables them to cost-effectively deliver mobile applications faster."