An update to the Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox is available for Intel SSD users. New features include a System Configuration Tuner to help users configure their system for optimal SSD performance, power efficiency and endurance. The toolbox is a free utility that's downloadable here.
The toolbox provides the following functional capabilities:
- Accessing Intel SSD management features (Intel SSD Optimizer, System Configuration Tuner and Secure Erase)
- Reporting the drive identification data for Intel SSDs, as well as other drives.
- Accessing the Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (SMART) attributes for Intel SSDs, as well as other drives.
- Checking the SMART thresholds and viewing recommended actions for Intel SSDs, as well as other drives.
- Running diagnostic scans on Intel SSDs to check for any READ or WRITE errors.
For more on solid-state drives, see this Dr. Dobb's article: Solid-State Drives From a Developer's Perspective.