Adobe has announced Adobe Flash Platform Services for Distribution, a service that lets advertisers and content publishers promote, measure, and monetize applications across social networks, desktops and mobile devices. Adobe Flash Platform Services are online, hosted services that let developers to add innovative capabilities Web applications with a predictable, cost efficient deployment model. Developers, advertisers and publishers are now using Adobe Flash Platform Services to make Web applications sharable, social, and collaborative.
Adobe is partnering with Gigya to provide advertisers, publishers and game makers with a comprehensive distribution solution. The solution includes a unified management tool to effectively promote, measure and monetize Web applications and game:
- Viral distribution by making applications sharable. Flash and other Web applications can be distributed to most Web, desktop and mobile platforms.
- Mobile applications distribution. Web applications built with Flash Platform tools as well as applications created with other technologies can be distributed to multiple mobile platforms. Users wishing to install a sharable application on a mobile device will receive a SMS message on that device with a link to the application. Users then click the link and the Distribution service detects the device and delivers the version of the application that is developed and optimized for that specific device. For information on supported mobile platforms, visit www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplatform/services/distribution/destinations.html.
- Assuring installs through paid promotion. Application distribution can be accelerated through paid promotion. Adobe is partnering with Gigya to provide the free and paid methods of Web application distribution.
- Measuring success and optimizing applications through tracking. Comprehensive traditional and social media analytics are available through the Distribution Manager. This application, built using Adobe AIR software, is to promote applications, and measure distribution and customer usage.
- Monetization through cross-promotion. Publishers and developers can generate revenue through cross-promotion of other Web applications. When users click to download an application, this feature enables publishers and developers to offer another Web application to the user.
The Adobe Flash Platform is a system of integrated tools, frameworks, clients, servers and services for the development of Web applications, content and video that run consistently across operating systems and devices.