JetBrains has announced the availability of AppCode 2.0, a new release of its Objective-C IDE. The software is designed to ease the everyday routine for Objective-C developers as they build apps for Apple devices.
White PapersMore >>
- Agile Desktop Infrastructures: You CAN Have It All
- IT and LOB Win When Your Business Adopts Flexible Social Cloud Collaboration Tools
AppCode integrates with Xcode and focuses on code quality, offering code navigation, smart code completion, on-the-fly code analysis with quick-fix suggestions, and better code refactorings.
JetBrains is essentially allowing Objective-C developers to get the most out of popular unit testing frameworks, documentation browsers, and web development tools.
"We received tons of valuable feedback from developers who already used AppCode 1.x, and we did our best to bring the IDE to the next level," said Anton Makeev, AppCode project manager. "We've added new refactorings like Move Members and Extract Superclass, implemented new code generations options, and greatly improved TDD experience so that you can instantly run any test under your fingertips. Along with Darcula, our striking new UI theme, AppCode 2.0 is a huge leap forward."
AppCode 2.0 feature highlights include:
- Full-fledged support for the popular Kiwi testing framework.
- Out-of-the-box integration with two documentation browsers: Dash and Ingredients.
- Extended and improved set of safe and reliable refactorings, including such vital ones as Move/Copy/Clone and Pull Members Up/Push Members Down.
- Even more code generation options: now you can easily surround code with
-respondsToSelector:and automatically add the methods
- Over 2,000 code inspections and error diagnostics notes from the Clang compiler, now displayed right in the editor.