Appistry has announced expanded support for developers and architects building applications for cloud computing environments using the Microsoft .NET Framework. Appistry Enterprise Application Fabric (EAF) 3.9, which is availabe for immediate free download, lets developers deploy new or existing Microsoft .NET components to the cloud without code changes. In doing so, developers can more easily bring highly scalable cloud-uenabled solutions to market.
New capabilities in Appistry EAF 3.9 include:
- Expanded support for Microsoft .NET, including the ability to support Plain Old .NET Objects (PONOs) without modification
- Transparent .NET remoting which allows developers to remotely call methods on load-balanced objects deployed to the cloud
- Improved support for sharing .NET assemblies across multiple .NET-based fabric applications
- New asynchronous API calls for .NET Client
- Improved .NET Application Configuration
- An improved and simpler Appistry EAF Windows installer
"Appistry EAF is simply the strongest cloud platform for .NET. With the release of 3.9, we're further simplifying the deployment of .NET applications to cloud environments," said Appistry's Sam Charrington. "Beyond simply saving money, enterprises are looking to the cloud to help them scale their applications for larger and more demanding audiences. To do that, they must ride on the shoulders of their developers and architects. We provide the muscle to help them shoulder that responsibility."