IBM is moving forward to bring Rational Developer for i (RDi) to developers, although the development tool is now incorporated into the IBM Rational Developer for Power Systems Software.
- Top Six Things to Consider with an Identity as a Service Solution
- Securosis Analyst Report: Security and Privacy on the Encrypted Network
- SaaS and E-Discovery: Navigating Complex Waters
- SaaS 2011: Adoption Soars, Yet Deployment Concerns Linger
- Client Windows Migration: Expert Tips for Application Readiness
- New Technologies to Optimize Mobile Financial Services
This development tool is designed for writing RPG, COBOL, Java, and C apps for IBM i. The company describes IBM i (formerly known as i5/OS) as an integrated operating environment with a more than 20-year reputation for security and business resilience.
NOTE: IBM i integrates a combination of relational database, security, web services, networking, and storage management capabilities with a database and middleware foundation for deploying business processing applications.
The latest release of IBM Rational Developer for Power solution includes all of the capabilities of the Rational Developer for i tool along with a screen designer for visual design of DDS display files and a report designer for visual design of DDS printer files.
Worklight Studio for hybrid mobile application development capabilities has now been added to the IBM i platform.
This technology includes and embraces a number of components for developers such as an Eclipse-based IDE IBM i app software application development, a Remote Systems Explorer (RSE), and language aware editors. Also in the toolbox are multithreaded application debugging technology, refactoring agents, and application analysis functions.