Version 1.0 of MeeGo, the open source Linux project which merges Intel's Moblin with Nokia's Maemo is now available for developers to download at MeeGo.com. The MeeGo v1.0 Core Software Platform Features include:
- Kernel based on 2.6.33
- DeviceKit and udev for interacting with hardware devices
- Modern 2D / 3D graphics stack including Kernel Mode Setting, non-root X
- Voice and data connectivity with Connman connection manager, Ofono telephony stack and BlueZ Bluetooth
- Qt 4.6
- Universal Plug and Play (gUPnP)
- Media frameworks
- Next generation file system BTRFS, as the default file system
The following MeeGo v1.0 images are available for download:
- MeeGo v1.0 for Netbooks (includes the full MeeGo v1.0 Netbook user experience) supports Intel Atom-based Netbooks. More details can be found in the Netbook release notes.
- MeeGo v1.0 core software platform for the Nokia N900 . More details can be found in the Core release notes.
Currently, the MeeGo SDK is focused on Netbooks, but the next version of the MeeGo SDK, an early developer release in June, will support touch-based devices, such as Handsets and Tablets.