Model Based Systems Engineering: The model is the design
Date: Tuesday May 15, 2012
Time: 11:00 AM PT / 2:00 PM ET
Duration: 60 minutes
[click here to register]
A Dr. Dobb's Webcast
- Can Your Organization Brave the New World of Advanced Cyber Attacks?
- Using Anomalies in Crash Reports to Detect Unknown Threats
- State of Cloud 2011: Time for Process Maturation
- Research: Federal Government Cloud Computing Survey
- High Performance Computing in Finance: Best Practices Revealed
- How to Protect Your Content and Improve Security with Cloud Client Computing and Thin/Zero Clients
Challenges include: the need for descriptive, executable and verifiable models; cultures and customer expectations that are paper-based rather than model-based; lack of automated workflows; lack of integrated toolsets; lack of training and experience, and long-term storage issues.
Benefits include: increased productivity with data captured once; elimination (or significant reduction of) documents and deliverables; improved quality of product, with late defects significantly reduced; enablement of product line architectures; increased reuse; explicit capture of knowledge and experience.
Please join us for this informative webcast that addresses the challenges and benefits of model based systems engineering.
Brian Wells: — Vice President, Corporate Engineering, Raytheon
Brian Nolan, Ph.D.: — Go to Market Manager, Aerospace & Defense, IBM Software, IBM Rational