Model Based Systems Engineering: The model is the design
Date: Tuesday May 15, 2012
Time: 11:00 AM PT / 2:00 PM ET
Duration: 60 minutes
[click here to register]
A Dr. Dobb's Webcast
- A How-To Guide on Using Cloud Services for Security-Rich Data Backup
- How to test and launch a world-class application
- Informed CIO: SDN and Server Virtualization on a Collision Course
- Strategy: Smartphone Smackdown: Galaxy Note II vs. Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Secure Cloud: Taking Advantage of the Intelligent WAN
Challenges include: the need for descriptive, executable and verifiable models; cultures and customer expectations that are paper-based rather than model-based; lack of automated workflows; lack of integrated toolsets; lack of training and experience, and long-term storage issues.
Benefits include: increased productivity with data captured once; elimination (or significant reduction of) documents and deliverables; improved quality of product, with late defects significantly reduced; enablement of product line architectures; increased reuse; explicit capture of knowledge and experience.
Please join us for this informative webcast that addresses the challenges and benefits of model based systems engineering.
Brian Wells: — Vice President, Corporate Engineering, Raytheon
Brian Nolan, Ph.D.: — Go to Market Manager, Aerospace & Defense, IBM Software, IBM Rational