Coverity has announced Prevent for C#, a tool designed specifically for detecting defects in applications built on Microsoft's .NET framework. Prevent for C# seamlessly handles features of the C# language such as operator overloading, properties, and idioms for iteration and resource management. Prevent for C# also automatically finds third-party .NET assemblies to ensure a complete analysis result.
The software automatically analyzes large, complex C# code bases and detects critical, must-fix defects that could lead to system failures, memory corruption, or performance degradation. Prevent for C# requires no changes to existing build processes or code, and easily integrates into existing build processes and requires little or no additional hardware.
Capabilities of Prevent for C# include:
- Detect Critical Defects. Automatic detection of defects in C# source code that can cause crashes, performance degradation and incorrect program behavior
- 100% Path Coverage. Analysis of every path in C# code bases, ensuring that all possible execution branches are followed
- Low False Positive Rate. Accurate, actionable results help developers immediately begin improving the quality and security of their code
- Flexible Workflow. The Defect Manager interface lets teams collaboratively view analysis results, triage defects, assign ownership, and provides comprehensive workflow capabilities
- Scalable. Millions of lines of code can be analyzed in a matter of hours