Datalogics is now licensing and supporting the Adobe Reader Mobile SDK for software developers. The Adobe Reader Mobile SDK enables third-party developers to support PDF, EPUB, and eBook display and content protection within their own devices and smart phone applications. The Adobe Reader Mobile SDK now joins the other Adobe technologies available through Datalogics, including the Adobe PDF Library SDK, Adobe PDF Print Engine, Adobe Normalizer, Adobe InDesign Server, and Adobe PDF JobReady.
Using the Adobe Reader Mobile SDK, device developers can take advantage of a mobile-optimized software engine, designed to deliver high-performance, high-quality scalable document rendering across a wide range of resource-limited embedded devices. Adobe Reader Mobile technology maximizes compatibility with the latest specifications and interoperability with Adobe products.
Features of the Adobe Reader Mobile SDK include:
- PDF reflow, enabling resizing text-oriented documents for greatly improved readability on small screens.
- EPUB support, providing support for the XML-based standard for reflow-centric eBooks.
- Adobe Content Server 4 compatibility, allowing for content protection for commercially published premium content, whether fulfilled by wireless or wired connections.
- Simplified APIs, designed to ease porting and integration with your own device software and help you achieve faster time-to-market.
- Reference systems for popular ARM-based operating systems, including embedded Linux and Windows Mobile.
Under the terms of the agreement, Datalogics will provide direct licensing, maintenance and customer support for the Adobe Reader Mobile SDK to software developers worldwide.