Sun Java Tech Days Announced
September 16, 2008
Sun is targeting 13 cities in 2008/2009 for its global Tech Days conferences, which are like mini-JavaOne events, around the globe (see announcement at: http://www.sun.com/aboutsun/pr/2008-09/sunflash.20080917.1.xml).
Here are the cities and dates:
-Sao Paulo, Brazil: September 29-October 1, 2008
-Seoul, South Korea: October 15-17, 2008
-Taipei, Taiwan: November 17, 2008
-Guangzhou, China: November 19, 2008
-Beijing, China: November 21-23, 2008
-Tokyo, Japan: December 2-4, 2008
-Singapore, Singapore: January 20-22, 2009
-New York, United States: February 6-7, 2009
-Hyderabad, India: February 18-20, 2009
-London, United Kingdom: March 25-27, 2009
-Madrid, Spain: March 31-April 2, 2009
-St. Petersburg, Russia: April 8-10, 2009
-Tel Aviv, Israel: May 5-7, 2009
There's only one stop in the US: New York on February 6-7, 2009, location to be disclosed as the date approaches.
Each Tech Days event for 2008-2009 will be broken into four tracks:
- Java & Social Computing: Innovations on the Java platform and social networking technology.
- MySQL & Productivity: Web 2.0 development leveraging Sun's MySQL database, and productivity technology.
- OpenSolaris: Solaris innovations and application development for the IPS repository.
- HOL: Hands on development with sessions on social computing, MySQL database, JavaFX, OpenSolaris, NetBeans IDE and others.
The Tech Days program will also include:
- Demo Showcase: Six demos highlighting JavaFX, mashups, social computing, OpenSolaris, PHP/NetBeans and cloud computing.
- Lighting Talks: Content organized and delivered by community speakers around the different track topics.