Following last year's release of Google Android support for the MobiForms Developer rapid application development (RAD) tool, MobiForms has announced the addition of Google Android support to the MobiForms Sync Server.
The MobiForms Sync Server enables bidirectional data replication, synchronization, and offline buffering between just about any master database server and any MobiForms mobile client running on Google Android and a host of other mobile platforms such as Windows Mobile. Supported back office database servers include Oracle, SQL Server, Access, Sybase, IBM DB2, SQLite, HSQLDB and MySQL.
The MobiForms Sync Server is part of the MobiForms Advanced Edition and includes the MobiForms Developer.
The MobiForms Advance Edition now supports the full mobile development lifecycle for Google Android database apps including:
- Definition of database replication rules from the master database
- Creation and definition of mobile users
- Building a seed mobile database based on a subset of the master database
- Creation of a mobile application using the seed mobile database
- Deployment of the mobile application and seed mobile database
- Bidirectional data replication and status updates between the master database and the mobile client database
Tthe MobiForms Advanced Edition license includes an unlimited number of MobiForms clients running on Tablet PC, Pocket PC, Windows CE, Windows Mobile, Windows Smartphone, Symbian, and now Google Android.