AMP 3.0 is comprised of Antenna's AMP 2.0 and Dexterra's Concert, which was acquired by Antenna in June 2009.
AMP 3.0 is a comprehensive software platform built on standards-based technology for building, deploying, and managing mobile enterprise applications. Both enterprise customers and Antenna partners have the flexibility to implement AMP as software-as-a-service (SaaS) or on-premise. A significantly enhanced AMP Studio, the build-once-deploy-to-many mobile application development environment, is a key part of the AMP 3.0 release. New and enhanced capabilities of AMP Studio include:
- Added support for developing native Google Android applications -- in addition to RIM Blackberry, Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60 -- all in a single development environment;
- More intuitive and richly designed user interface with graphical drag-and-drop application modeling and automatic screen generation;
- Flexibility to take generated application code and fully customize in native IDE (Xcode, RIM JDE, Visual Studio .NET, etc.) to maximize device integration;
- Streamlined workflow tools and reusable components that simplify the backend integration and enable faster debugging;
- Robust, enterprise-wide security policies fully controllable from AMP Management Center;
- Built-in language localization and application UI branding capabilities to easily and fully tailor applications for greater usability.
"Our goal was to deliver innovative new features and an integrated mobile technology platform to the market within one year of the Dexterra acquisition and I am thrilled that we are firmly on course," said Jim Hemmer, president and CEO, Antenna Software.
As part of this exclusive program, Antenna will offer qualified customers and partners comprehensive training and support to build trial applications on the enhanced platform with no cost or commitment.