These releases extend the .NET productivity pack from JetBrains that also includes ReSharper, an extension to Microsoft Visual Studio; TeamCity, the continuous integration and build management system; and YouTrack, the keyboard-centric bug and issue tracker.
dotCover is designed as a simple-to-use extension to Visual Studio that helps .NET developers make sure that every single line of code that should be covered by unit tests is actually covered by them.
- Works within Visual Studio 2005, 2008, or 2010.
- Analyzes statement-level code coverage in .NET Framework and Silverlight applications.
- Integrates with ReSharper's unit testing toolset.
- Highlights code that is not covered by unit tests.
- Detects which unit tests cover any particular location in code.
- Provides a console utility, enabling to use it with a Continuous Integration server.
- Aggregates data from multiple coverage sessions, and merges snapshots.
- Generates XML-based code coverage reports.
"With all the unit testing goodness that ReSharper provides right in Visual Studio, we felt it would be fitting to give .NET developers a tool to help them see how successful they are in their unit testing practices," said Oleg Stepanov, .NET Division Project Lead. "Something that would enable developers to instantly see any lapses in code coverage and at the same time integrate into corporate development and reporting workflow. A few months of hard work, and we did just that!"
dotTrace 4 Performance is an upgrade of the established .NET profiler offering from JetBrains. After being an all-in-one memory and performance profiler, dotTrace splits into two products. dotTrace 4 Performance is the first of the two, with the other, dotTrace 4 Memory, expected to come out in several months.
dotTrace 4 Performance helps .NET developers:
- Get accurate info on performance bottlenecks in a variety of .NET applications including those built using .NET Framework 4, .NET Compact Framework 3.5, and Silverlight 4.
- Profile applications with great accuracy in several modes, including profiling remote applications.
- Profile complex desktop and server applications, thanks to unprecedented robustness.
- Immediately estimate how removing a particular bottleneck would affect the overall application performance.
- Launch profiling from Microsoft Visual Studio and quickly switch back to review problematic source code.