.NET component vendor GrapeCity has announced full support for Visual Studio 2010 in all .NET spreadsheet, reporting, and business intelligence tools that are part of its PowerTools line of software.
- FarPoint Spread for Windows Forms 5, an Excel-compatible .NET spreadsheet component, now supports the Visual Studio 2010 .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile.
- FarPoint Spread for ASP.NET, an Excel-compatible ASP.NET spreadsheet component, currently supports Visual Studio 2010, and the upcoming version, 5 will provide built-in support for the Visual Studio 2010 Azure Development Fabric.
- ActiveReports 6, a .NET reporting tool comes with full design-time support in the Visual Studio 2010 IDE including support for the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile. ActiveReports 6 now includes support for Windows Azure cloud services in full trust mode, granting access to the benefits of using this platform.
- Data Dynamics Reports is a new business reporting tool for .NET that supports the SQL Server Reporting format and lets developers embed dashboards and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and offer Microsoft Excel transformations. It now supports Visual Studio 2010 and the new .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.
- Data Dynamics Analysis is the first free-form .NET data visualization component for Microsoft Visual Studio. This release fully supports Visual Studio 2010.
"We are very excited about Visual Studio 2010 and the next generation development platform from Microsoft as it aims to simplify the entire development process from design to deployment," says GrapeCity's Rick Williamson. "GrapeCity's powerful, functionally rich, industry leading spreadsheet, reporting, and business intelligence products allow developers to go beyond basic functionality and unleash real business value without compromising performance and quality.”