Xeround has announced the availability of its Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) for MySQL applications as an add-on for the AppHarbor .NET platform and for AppFog's PHP Fog PHP platform. The addition of AppHarbor and PHP Fog integration to its cloud database means that Xeround's core data offering will now scale with both .NET and PHP to produce a cloud database environment with what is said to "zero-management" overhead.
- Mid-Market Mayem: Cybercriminals Wreak Havoc Beyond Big Enterprises
- Challenging Some of the Myths About Static Code Analysis
- State of Cloud 2011: Time for Process Maturation
- SaaS 2011: Adoption Soars, Yet Deployment Concerns Linger
- High Performance Computing in Finance: Best Practices Revealed
- Big Data and Customer Interaction Analytics: How To Create An Innovative Customer Experience
Both the AppHarbor and AppFog platforms provide one-click integration between the applications hosted on these platforms and Xeround's DBaaS. From the user's perspective, all they need to do is add the add-on to their application from within their chosen programming environment to automatically create a MySQL-compatible cloud database that connects to their application.
Xeround is already available as an add-on for Heroku and Engine Yard and is also running on Amazon EC2 and Rackspace, as well as on HP Cloud Services in beta.
"Xeround's service as an add-on for AppHarbor and PHP Fog showcases our traction and the increasing demand for developing MySQL apps on multiple cloud platforms," said Razi Sharir, CEO of Xeround. "Now even more developers can develop in the cloud using their chosen platform and enjoy true elasticity."
As far as the AppHarbor team is concerned, they are happy to go on the record saying that Xeround is a great fit for .NET developers looking for a way to build a scalable and cost-effective MySQL database in the cloud.