IBM has announced tools for integrating IBM Rational and Tivoli software, making it easier for organizations to align their software delivery processes -- Rational automates the build cycle during the development phase and then releases it to Tivoli to automatically deploy it onto servers in production. This integration helps ensure that organizations have auditable and traceable software delivery, faster build and deployment cycles, reduced risk of production roll-backs, and lower overall costs.
The new integrated software offerings include:
- Rational Test Lab Manager and Tivoli Provisioning Manager and Tivoli Application Dependency and Discovery Manager: Helps companies accelerate time to market by streamlining the discovery and provisioning of test lab and production environments. The integration allows companies to take advantage of IT provisioning automation during application testing for faster, more effective quality control.
- Rational Performance Tester and Tivoli Composite Application Manager: Increases application and service uptime by replicating real-world environments for faster testing and problem resolution. The products integrate performance data to speed performance tuning and problem resolution.
- Rational Asset Manager and Tivoli Change and Configuration Management Database: Improve the speed and quality of application delivery by integrating asset data across development and operations.
- Rational ClearQuest and Tivoli Service Request Manager: Integrates problem and ticket information across service support and development fix tracking systems to help companies address, resolve, and communicate the status of problem resolution more quickly by synchronizing service support and fix tracking systems
IBM is also announcing new software delivery solutions to improve the automation of development tasks and team collaboration, provide a deeper view of IT building blocks, and streamline asset lifecycle management making approved assets more readily accessible to collaborative development teams. The new and enhanced products include:
- Rational System Architect and Rational Focal Point -- combining these products provide a powerful vehicle for doing trade-off analysis and prioritization.
- Rational Quality Manager -- new enhancements provide businesses with the intelligence needed to understand and control sources of risk with risk ranking and assessment and discovering and preventing duplicate defects.
- IBM Rational Team Concert and IBM Rational Asset Manager -- combing these products helps streamline asset lifecycle management making approved assets more readily accessible to collaborative development teams by enabling developers to federate an asset's metadata with the related Jazz Application Lifecycle Managed resources and work items.