Matthew Wilson's Bio
Matthew has been programming professionally for nearly two decades, and by now knows enough about C, C++ and C#/.NET to be able to point out their imperfections with authority and affection. A development consultant for Synesis Software, he's also the creator of the FastFormat, Pantheios, recls and VOLE libraries, and the author of several books, including Imperfect C++ and Imperfect C#.
- Conversion Constructors and Subtle Dangers
- Welcome to 2011
- Forgotten Headers and Strange Warnings
- Seat for Life
- Hairshirt on backwards
- 0 is octal!
- Testing standard output exhaustion
- Watch out for operator alternates
- Console width gotcha
- Programming: Sudoku With a Time Limit?
- memset() Considered Harmful
- The Mutable Comprehension of const
- FastFormat's format_iterator in Dr. Dobb's
- Superfluous Curly Braces as Semantic Guides?
- Recursive search examples, pt3: C++
- Beware C2471
- (Still) be explicit to avoid those array/pointer decay ambiguities
- "I don't get it. Whoosh! Next."
- Hungarian notation alive in .NET?
- Why does Bing think I've gone home?
- Recursive search examples, pt2: C
- Recursive search examples, pt1: C#
- .NET Collection Enumeration Performance, part 1