Active Endpoints has released ActiveVOS 8.0, the latest release of the company’s flagship business process management software. Highlights of the release include support for Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) swimlanes and support for BPMN 2.0 boundary events, new data access integration capabilities, improved deployment management, and expanded task management. The combination of these new capabilities improves user ability to utilize ActiveVOS for designing, developing, and deploying mission-critical, custom process applications even more effectively.
ActiveVOS 8.0 incorporates:
- BPMN’s concept of a pool and lanes, making it easy for process designers to convey the process steps being carried out by each participant (which can be an automated service or human tasks).
- BPMN 2.0 boundary events providing process automation designers with graphical annotations to directly specify the interrupting and non-interrupting execution behavior following the arrival of message, timer, error, and compensation events.
- Unstructured process design capabilities, providing designers with layout freedom in designing process automation activities — all process automation BPMN 2.0 designs are guaranteed to be executable.
- Data Access Service, providing direct access to data sources.
- Improved deployment management, improving incremental build and deploy for versions of a process automation application and minimizing the risk of introducing incompatibilities at runtime.
- Custom task properties for human tasks, allowing process automation designers to define task search filters and task grouping in user interfaces. By enabling task grouping and task searching, workers who execute the human tasks of a business process application can handle a much larger number of concurrent tasks.
- Single Sign-On (SSO), allowing deployment of ActiveVOS process automation applications using an organization’s existing SSO environment.