APLNext has released VisualAPL for VS2008, a dynamically-typed, array-based, object-oriented programming language to exploit the combined power of APL and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 on the .NET platform. VisualAPL lets domain experts rapidly build sophisticated application systems, is fully compliant with ISO/IEC 13751 (the international standard for APL array-based languages), and is integrated with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.
With its object-oriented, array-based design, VisualAPL is useful for building a wide range of high-performance applications and components for financial, scientific, engineering, and business purposes. VisualAPL brings the mathematical strength of APL to the .Net universe, supposedly accomplishing more with fewer lines of code and intuitive functional and algorithmic methodology. According to APLNext, the benefits of VisualAPL for VS2008 include:
- Integrated with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Produces fully-managed .Net assemblies
- Interoperable with any .Net language
- Projects may be incorporated into any Visual Studio solution
- Projects may be distributed royalty-free to end users
- APL and C# syntax may be used in a VisualAPL project
- Includes full documentation and APL typography
- Conversion tools for legacy Win32 APL program code included
Also included in the VisualAPL product installation is the Cielo Explorer which provides a visual, immediate-mode, interactive session to explore C#, .Net, and VisualAPL.
You can download a full-featured, evaluation version of VisualAPL here.