DevExpress has announced that it will release its upcoming AgDataGrid Suite for Silverlight free of charge to the developer community. This includes full source code. The DevExpress Grid for Silverlight has been engineered to exploit the Silverlight platform and will ship with advanced data visualization and data shaping features -- from column grouping and sorting, to summary calculations against multiple columns.
Among other features, the DevExpress Grid for Silverlight supports:
- Data Grouping against multiple Silverlight Grid columns
- Data Sorting against multiple Silverlight Grid columns
- Comprehensive Summary Computation support against multiple Silverlight Grid columns
- Column Movement
- Column Resizing
- Column Auto-Width
- Row Editing
- Row Preview (with animation)
- Template Support (for cell content, cell editing, row preview and headers)
- Auto Height Support for cells, headers, and totals.
- Virtual StackPanel Row Container (simply means we are able to handle an unlimited number of rows)
- Focused Row and Focused Cell
- Multi-Row Selection
- Cell Text Wrapping
- Vertical/Horizontal Lines
- Multiple column types/editors
"Silverlight represents an exciting new development option for software developers and DevExpress is committed to delivering feature-complete presentation components for this next generation platform," said Julian M Bucknall, CTO of Developer Express. "Over the coming months, DevExpress will release numerous controls for Silverlight to help developers deliver compelling solutions and address business needs in an elegant and effective manner."