dtSearch has announced a beta release of its dtSearch Engine that includes native 64-bit Visual Studio 2010 support and a .NET 4.0 SDK. The .NET 4.0 support covers a sample application for the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform, the dtSearch API for indexing SQL-type databases, and the Spider API for indexing static and dynamic web-based data. The beta also offers performance enhancements for hierarchical sorting in cases involving millions of document metadata tags or database records.
The dtSearch Engine for Win and .NET and the dtSearch Engine for Linux make available dtSearch's data searching and file format support for use in a variety of Internet, intranet, and other commercial applications. The dtSearch Engine includes 64-bit and 32-bit .NET, Java and C++ APIs.
The beta also includes the full range of dtSearch tools: dtSearch Web with Spider; dtSearch Network with Spider; dtSearch Publish; and dtSearch Desktop with Spider, which support the following features:
- Terabyte Indexer. dtSearch products can index over a terabyte of text in a single index. They can also create and simultaneously search an unlimited number of indexes. Indexed search time is typically less than a second, even across terabytes of data. The beta also provides performance enhancements to a forensic indexing version of the terabyte indexer.
- Built-In Proprietary File Parsers / Converters. dtSearch tools embed dtSearch's own file parsers and converters covering a wide range of popular file types. The product line displays existing web-ready content like HTML, PDF and XML/XSL with highlighted hits, and with all images, links and formatting intact. The products convert other file types to XML or HTML for browser-based display with highlighted hits. The current version supports MS Office through MS Office 2010 (including current versions of Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), OpenOffice, CSV, ZIP, etc.
- Support for Emails and Attachments. The dtSearch tools can also index and search email messages such as Exchange, Outlook and Thunderbird, as well as attachments, nested attachments, and zipped attachments.
- Database Options. The dtSearch Engine has a data source API for indexing SQL-type databases along with BLOB data. The beta adds a native .NET 4.0 version of the database API.
- .NET Spider API. The dtSearch Spider adds local or remote website content to a searchable data collection, including both static content like HTML, PDF, XSL/XML, and dynamic content like MS SharePoint, CMS, PHP and ASP.NET. The Spider supports public sites, intranets, and secure and password-accessible sites. Searches can span both local and remote content to any level of depth, and across any number of sites. A .NET Spider API, along with the beta .NET 4.0 Spider API, makes the Spider functionality accessible to programmers.
- 25+ Search Options; International Languages. dtSearch offers more than25 full-text and fielded data search options, including advanced federated search options and special forensics features. Unicode support covers all Unicode languages, including support for right-to-left languages and Chinese/Japanese/Korean character processing options.
- Advanced Data Classification Objects. dtSearch developer tools have a wide range of API filters and objects to support categorization via document full-text contents, document fields, database contents, or data attributes attached during indexing. The beta version enhances hierarchical sorting performance across data sets with millions of metadata tags. The metadata tags themselves may reside as fields inside of existing documents, in a structured database like SQL or XML, or as fields added on-the-fly during indexing.