Productivity-focused software company JetBrains has released a new version of its code-centric PHP IDE called PhpStorm 2.0, which is now enhanced with better code quality assurance and support for the latest PHP trends. The product itself is designed to provide tools such as automated refactoring, deep code analysis, on-the-fly error checking, and quick-fixes.
"We added PHP namespaces and closures support, which are actively used in today's PHP development and greatly improved code-analysis capabilities," said Alexey Gopachenko, team lead at JetBrains. "In addition, this major release makes PHP debugging just 'work out of the box', requiring no configuration at all."
The key changes in PhpStorm 2.0 include:
- Complete PHP 5.3 support including namespaces and closures
- Zend debugger support & zero-configuration debugging in all browsers
- Command line tool support including completion for Zend Tool and Symfony
- Full-fledged editors for SQL queries with editable query results
- Added Mercurial support
- HTML5 and EcmaScript 5 support added.