Dissatisfied with how much time working with them generally takes, the company designed YouTrack -- a web-based, keyboard-centric issue tracker originally used internationally by JetBrains' own development teams.
"We at JetBrains use issue tracking tools extensively to respond to user feedback and assure product quality. However, over the years we found existing tools just not up to par in terms of fast bug reporting, search and modification," said JetBrains' Sergey Dmitriev. "Finally, we came up with a solution that suits our needs perfectly, and is user-friendly to both developers and casual bug reporters. To solve the majority of issue-handling tasks, YouTrack provides two keyboard-driven controls -- a search box and a command window. To us as developers, that makes life a lot easier!"
YouTrack offers the following key features:
- Bug reporting with a single shortcut from anywhere within YouTrack.
- Query-based search with auto-completion and highlighting.
- Intuitive commands to quickly execute batch operations on selected issues.
- Natural-language-like query and command syntax.
- Extensive keyboard support for creating, editing, and navigating between issues easily.
- AJAX-based user interface for extremely fast issue handling.
- Importing existing projects from JIRA 3.x.
- Integration with external tools, including LDAP, OpenID, and JetBrains TeamCity.
YouTrack is the first mature product developed using JetBrains Meta Programming System (MPS). Moreover, JetBrains has been successfully using YouTrack with its own development projects.
YouTrack 1.0 is available in two editions:
- Professional Edition: Ideal for small to medium teams; limited to 10 projects and 20 user accounts, and doesn't support LDAP authentication.
- Enterprise Edition: Everything a large team needs; full functionality for any number of projects and users.
Both editions come with 1 year of free technical support and upgrades.