JetBrains has cleared the launchpad with the 3.0 release of its YouTrack keyboard-centric issue and bug tracker. The product itself offers search queries syntax and batch operations on multiple issues from the command window.
In an effort to try and provide more customizable workflow options, JetBrains says that YouTrack 3.0 has been enhanced with complete issue attributes customization. With these additions, the company is hopeful that developers will be able to automate issues-related to life-cycle management tasks as they correlate to specific process needs.
"We focused on reaching a simple but very powerful goal: to provide our customers with complete customization without sacrificing our key concept of pure simplicity. With customizable workflow and custom attributes, we've reached this goal in YouTrack 3.0," said Vadim Gurov, YouTrack team lead. "We have also added free licensing options to support small teams, startups, and open source projects in adopting the product."
According to JetBrains, with YouTrack 3.0 developers can:
- Define workflow to automate issue life-cycle management
- Customize the set of issue attributes and their values
- Submit issues by email
- Automatically close or modify any related issue attributes from VCS Commit Comment
- Access and handle issues from a mobile device
- Add other users to an issue watchers list
- Customize the sidebar to show only the tags and saved searches you need
- Import existing projects from any bug tracker
- Manage issues and projects programmatically with the enhanced YouTrack RESTful API
- Integrate YouTrack with TestLink, TestRail, and GitHub
YouTrack 3.0 has LDAP support and introduces more flexible licensing options by offering user-packs for teams of different sizes (10, 25, 50, 100 & unlimited number of users), with the smallest pack available for free.