HTML5 WebSocket specification company Kaazing has created "Kaazing WebSocket Gateway", a web platform that works as an enterprise solution for "full-duplex" high-performance communication over the Web.
- The People Problem: Cyber Threats Aren't Just a Technology Challenge
- FAQ: Cloud Operations Platform for AWS
- State of Cloud 2011: Time for Process Maturation
- SaaS 2011: Adoption Soars, Yet Deployment Concerns Linger
- How to Protect Your Content and Improve Security with Cloud Client Computing and Thin/Zero Clients
- How to Stop Web Application Attacks
This tool a WebSocket server to enable direct TCP connectivity over the Web as well as enterprise-ready server extensions such as enhanced security and protocol validation.
Positioned as a standards-based alternative to Comet and Reverse Ajax, Kaazing allows applications to get through firewalls or proxies between users and the back-end services through a logical set of pipes.
So what we have here is a new development centered around the desire for integration and implementation of API libraries.
Additionally, Kaazing's WebSocket Gateway boasts the ability to aid as a cloud services provider, particularly for SaaS and PaaS vendors. By leveraging two Gateways, one converting TCP to WebSocket and the other converting WebSocket to TCP, a private network can be implemented using standard web technologies.