JadeLiquid Software has released LiquidTest, a tool that lets you find defects as they occur. Built on Browser Automation, LiquidTest consists of an Eclipse rich client application (and Plug-in) for recording Browser actions in Firefox and Internet Explorer and outputting test cases in Java, Junit, and TestNG, C# NUnit, Ruby, and Groovy.
Core LiquidTest functionality includes:
- Browser Automation -- Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Cross-platform script generation and execution
- Easy recording and replay of test cases
- Integrations with JUnit, Continuous Integration, Eclipse, .NET and other frameworks
- Language support for Java, C# (.NET), Groovy and Ruby
- IDE plugins (Eclipse) and standalone, and headless server component
- Open SDK for plugins and custom integrations
- Headless test case execution and scalable across a Grid
- Data-driven support: Powerful GUI, and direct support for Excel spreadsheets
- Advanced testing features: Expectation model -- no sleeps. Drag-and-drop support.
The LiquidTest framework comes in three editions:
- The LiquidTest Developer Edition complements developers Agile software development practices by integrating Functional Tests (as Unit Tests) into their Software Development Process. LiquidTest supports headless test case execution which allows for regression tests at every step of the build process. Support for Continuous Integration means that the LiquidTest Server can be integrated on your Continuous Integration machine and utilized in an Automated test execution manner to provide complete Functional and Acceptance Test coverage.
- The LiquidTest Server Edition is a Server component specifically designed to add support for headless LiquidTest test case execution on Continuous Integration servers.
- The LiquidTest Tester Edition is designed for Test and Quality Assurance teams that have less technical knowledge than the Development team. LiquidTest Tester Edition outputs concise scripts in LiquidTest Script (Groovy derivative) which in turn is powerful but not syntactically complicated. LiquidTests recorded with the Tester Edition can be replayed with the Developer Edition and vice-versa. This provides close integration between Development and Test/QA teams.
A free 30-day trial version of LiquidTest can be downloaded here.