Developer profiling and tracking website Masterbranch has announced new "Connections" and "Company Wish List" features to enhance professional relations between developers.
- The Role of the WAN in Your Hybrid Cloud
- Securosis Analyst Report: Security and Privacy on the Encrypted Network
- New Technologies to Optimize Mobile Financial Services
- Accelerate Cloud Computing Success with Open Standards
The site describes itself as a place where developers can create a coding profile, which will be automatically updated and scored through their open source activity. It is intended to act as a portal where employers can find candidates for available positions by looking at the skills of each of over 500,000 developers and their 1.5 million projects.
This project "scoring" is achieved by "project leaderboard" function, which ranks the Open Source projects of its contributors through DevScore, Masterbranch's own reputation system.
- Connections — allows developers to connect with other developers (and only developers) and to discover new people working with acquaintances or colleagues.
- Company Wish List — enables developers to ping companies directly and to indicate their relocation and salary preferences. Only companies included in the Wish List can see this information.
Masterbranch claims to have greater scope and functionality than other programming skills portals such as Coderwall or Geeklist by incorporating self-hosted open source projects and private repositories in it rankings. Masterbranch says it helps developers connect with the right people and share their professional profile ONLY with the specific companies most appealing to them.
"Developers use Masterbranch to centralize all their projects, to control who can see their public information, and to have metrics of their day-to-day work," explained Ignacio Andreu, CEO of Masterbranch. "Companies use Masterbranch to find top-notch developers. Masterbranch allows companies to pre-qualify candidates by looking at proven, real skills of each developer."
"Five months ago, I sent my Masterbranch profile instead of my résumé. I got hired. Now, I'm in charge of the R&D department and Masterbranch allows me to quickly find out what real-world experience my candidate hires have," said Amos Wenger, lead developer at official.fm.