AmberPoint has unveiled AmberPoint Governance System, a lightweight, automated, and extensible system that fosters agile governance while ensuring compliance across all stages of the application lifecycle. AmberPoint says it approach to application governance to provides oversight across development and operational environments in the following ways:
- Monitors the application environment for change events and updates. Continually discovers application components, configurations and resources, across both on- and off-premise Clouds. Self-populates with meta-data.
- Automates the enforcement of compliance policies and compliance reporting -- continuously and in real time -- to minimize manual effort.
- Validates across all phases of the application lifecycle and for the entire application stack, both application and system layers, not just services.
- Minimizes barriers to adoption through a just-enough-governance approach that significantly reduces the cost of getting started. Simply add governance engines to accommodate new projects, new teams and new groups.
- Governs Cloud services running within the enterprise, Cloud services that organizations consume, and federated services interacting amongst enterprises.
- Customizable to specific governance requirements. Rapid integration with processes, scripts, third-party systems and metadata sources that already participate in an organization's governance program.
"Organizations have had little success with the boil-the-ocean approach to management or governance initiatives," says AmberPoint's Ed Horst. "These days, governance is initially tied to a specific project, such as an order provisioning system. We designed AmberPoint Governance System with this reality in mind. Our customers can incrementally add more governance as they need to, rather than requiring a huge upfront investment of time and resources."